Call: 507-385-4485

Vehicle and Recreation Insurance

Community Insurance offers a variety of insurance options for your vehicle, motorcycle, snowmobile, ATV, and boat.

The right auto insurance policy can help get you back on the road quickly if your car is damaged or destroyed by an accident, fire, theft, or other event covered by your insurance policy. Your policy may also provide protection against medical and legal expenses resulting from injury, loss of life, or property damage caused by an accident involving your vehicle.

An auto/recreation insurance policy is a contract between you and an insurance company.

You pay a premium and in exchange, the insurance company promises to pay for specific car-related financial losses during the term of the policy. We can help you determine the best coverage for your needs.

Types of vehicle/recreation coverage includes the following:

Liability coverage to pay for losses you cause others.

Personal Injury Protection (PIP also known as No-Fault) coverage to pay you and your passengers for medical and related expenses caused by injuries from a car accident, regardless of who is at fault. Minnesota law provides $20,000 in wage loss and $20,000 medical payments per loss per person. (Other options are available)

Uninsured/Underinsured Motorist provides coverage for yourself and the passengers in your vehicle. This would pay for damages when the other driver who is at fault does not carry insurance or when they do not have enough insurance to cover your injuries.

Collision Insurance Pays for damage caused to your vehicle in an automobile accident. Standard collision coverage will pay for any repairs up to the actual cash value of your car. Collision coverage usually also comes with an insurance deductible. It’s the amount of money you pay toward repairs before your collision insurance kicks in. The higher the deductible you’re willing to pay, the less the collision coverage will cost.

Comprehensive Insurance (Other than Collision) Covers damage done to your car in some way other than a collision, such as if it were stolen or vandalized. Flood, hurricane, theft, windshield damage and fire are also events usually covered by comprehensive car insurance. Like collision, comprehensive will pay up to the actual cash value of your car (less your insurance deductible.) Although it’s not legally required by any state, you will probably need it if your car is financed.

Towing & Labor covers the cost of common roadside breakdown services like tire changes and jump-starts. Towing & labor insurance doesn’t cost much, and it will give you additional protection when you need it.

Rental Reimbursement is an optional coverage option that provides for the expense of renting a substitute vehicle while yours is being repaired or replaced due to a covered loss.